It is mandatory for all workers in Ontario, who work at heights, to have successfully completed a Chief Prevention Officer approved course like the one we offer.
Working at Heights Refresher
The Ministry of Labour has mandated construction workers in Ontario must take a Chief Prevention Officer (CPO) approved Working at Heights refresher course every 3 years. If you completed an 8 hour CPO approved course after April 1stof 2015, than our refresher course will allow you to remain Ministry of Labour compliant.
- 1/2 day (4 hours)
- Participants must have government issued photo ID
- Participants must present their Ministry of Labour issued “Proof of Training” card. This is a white wallet card with green and black printing which the Ministry would have issued you after you took the 8 hour working at heights course. You will not be allowed to take the course if you do not have this card and your course fee will be forfeited. If you have lost this card or never received it you can request a new card by calling the Ministry of Labour at 1-877-202-0008.
- Participants must wear closed toed foot wear, sandals and flip-flops are not acceptable.
- Participants must also wear shorts or long pants. Donning a harness is part of the course so skirts and dresses are not acceptable.
- Barriers & Other Fixed Equipment
- Personal Fall Protection Equipment
- Anchor Points
- Aerial Work Access Equipment & Platforms
- Rescue Planning
- Written Test
- Practical Test
This is a refresher course. If you have not completed the full Working at Heights course, please click here to learn more about it.
Our course has a 97% approval rating from participants.
"it was very educational. I have done this in the past and I never learned about everything I learned in this course" Kyle McNeill January, 2016
"Good Instructor!!! Well said and well understood. No Dull or boring moment. Great job Charles!!!" Roberto Villones January, 2016
"Did a great job conveying the safety and made it interesting." Kyle Grootjans January, 2016
"Very thorough and easily conveyed." Danny DiMercurio December, 2015
"Great course, easy to spend the whole day learning." Will Johnson December, 2015
"Charles was very personable and intelligent. Time passed quickly..I learned more than I thought I would have and I actually enjoyed it." Aaron Hill November, 2015